Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread Bars (Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
These delicious grain-free / gluten-free / dairy-free chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread bars are made with clean, whole food ingredients.
Out of any recipe I’ve ever made in my entire life I swear this is my favorite to date! I’m literally OBSESSED! I’ve made this for a few gatherings with friends lately and everyone raves over it and begs for the recipe.
These chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread bars are so decadent and delicious, yet made with clean ingredients. Every ingredient is paleo-friendly except the peanut butter, so if you’re strict paleo substitute almond butter or cashew butter.
This recipe is sweetened with organic coconut sugar, which is a more natural sweetener and unrefined. I didn’t have to use too much coconut sugar to sweeten it because the bananas in this recipe help to make it taste sweet.
The flour used in this recipe to keep it grain-free and gluten-free is finely blanched almond flour. I love baking with almond flour lately. Since it’s so light and fluffy you need to use a lot more of it than you would a regular flour.
As mentioned, this recipe is also dairy free as I used coconut oil (or can use avocado oil) to make it moist instead of butter. If you don’t need this recipe to be dairy-free you can certainly replace the oil with 1/4 cup of melted butter. I use these chocolate chips, which are dairy-free.
I cannot wait for you guys to make this recipe! I truly believe this is now the best recipe on my blog!! Please let me know what you think! xx
These delicious #grainfree / #glutenfree #dairyfree chocolate chip peanut butter banana bread bars are made with clean, whole food ingredientsClick To Tweet Print
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread Bars (Gluten-Free)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/4 cup melted & cooled coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup mashed banana (I used 3 medium-sized bananas – make sure they’re spotty!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- In large bowl combine the eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter, bananas, vanilla extract and coconut sugar and mix really well until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix again.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, reserving a few for sprinkling on top.
- Pour batter into greased dish and spread evenly across the top. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy!