I oddly have never been a big fan of traditional french fries. I know – I consider myself lucky
However, I am completely obsessed with sweet potatoes fries. People tend to believe that sweet potato fries are healthier simply because they are made from sweet potatoes, which are known to contain more nutrients than a regular white potato. However, most sweet potato fries are deep-fried in unhealthy oils and have just as many calories as regular french fries.
Baking your sweet potato fries in a little bit of healthy olive oil or coconut oil is definitely the healthier way to enjoy this sweet and savory treat.
Sweet potatoes help your body to produce collagen which will help to maintain your skin’s elasticity. They are also high in Vitamins C, B6, D and contain iron, magnesium and potassium.
I have my baked sweet potato fries as a mid-day snack or as a side to my meal.Print
Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large organic sweet potato
- 1 pinch of himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground chili
- 1 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Rinse and dry the sweet potato
- Cut the ends off the sweet potato and then cut into 1/2 inch strips
- Grease a baking dish with 1 tsp of olive oil or coconut oil
- Place the sweet potato fries on the dish and sprinkle with all of the spices
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until lightly crispy. Cooking times will vary.