Healthy Cornflake-Crusted French Toast
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 2 slices bread (I used organic whole wheat), use gluten-free bread if desired
- 2 eggs (I always choose pasture-raised organic)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Corn Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, butter or ghee
- Pour the cup of corn flakes on a plate and using a potato masher, mash smaller pieces, just larger than crumbs are formed.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, almond milk and cinnamon.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, then immediately coat both sides of the bread in the corn flake crumbs.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil, ghee or butter to a large frying pan and allow to heat up over medium heat for a minute or two and then place the bread on the frying pan.
- Cook the bread for about 3 – 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with maple syrup.
Recipe Card powered by