Healthy Taco Meat Stuffed Peppers (gluten-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 5 bell peppers (slice in half lengthwise and remove the seeds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound organic ground chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 tbsp taco spice blend (or if making a homemade blend I use: chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper)
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- Freshly grated shredded cheddar (or Mexican cheese blend)
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the bell peppers on a large baking sheet very lightly brush each side with olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the bell peppers are roasting in the oven, cook the meat on the stove: heat up a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and then add the onion and garlic, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Next add the meat to the frying pan, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Once the meat is almost browned add your taco spice blend and mix well.
- Once the meat is fully browned add in the bone broth and cook for another 5 minutes over low heat, until the broth is absorbed. This makes the meat moist and flavorful!
- Remove the bell peppers from the oven and spoon the taco meat into each bell pepper. Sprinkle some cheese over the top of the meat and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with fresh cilantro, guacamole and salsa. I love to enjoy this with some chips on the side!
Recipe Card powered by