Nutritious After School Snack Platter
It’s already back-to-school season and I can’t believe that the summer flew by so quickly. What a crazy difference between this summer (my kids in camp) and last summer (all camps and activities shut down). It certainly made the time fly this summer with everyone being busy.
One of the best feelings as a mother is having my kids come home from school welcomed by a platter of nutritious snacks to choose from. Before I pick them up from school I quickly chop up some fruit and vegetables to serve alongside some of their favorite dips in addition to Simple Mills Veggie Pita Crackers (we’re all OBSESSED). I love that they’re baked with vegetables in them.
My kids love having a little picnic after school in our backyard – it’s a great way to get some fresh air while enjoying our favorite snacks while they tell me about their day. It’s truly my favorite way to catch up with them.
If I don’t have the time to put together a ‘snack platter’ for my kids; or if they have an after school activity to run to; then I always keep Simple Mills Soft Baked Bars in my bag, which also have a clean ingredient list and are an easy-to-go option that I feel good about giving them.
Below are some ideas of ‘snack platters’ to offer to your kids after school:
- Veggies (cucumber, celery, carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli) dipped in hummus, black bean dip, and guacamole.
- Simple Mills Veggie Pita Crackers dipped in hummus, black bean dip, tahini, and guacamole.
- Simple Mills Veggie Pita Crackers with goat cheese, almond milk cream cheese, or mashed avocado spread on top.
- Fruit (berries, cantaloupe, grapes, mango, watermelon, and kiwi).
- Nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, and pistachios).
- Apples and bananas dipped in peanut butter or almond butter.
- Simple Mills Soft Baked Bars.
Simple Mills has a variety of snacks for you to choose from, allowing you to enjoy your snacks anywhere, anytime. If you are someone who likes to snack throughout the day but is always on the hunt for ‘better-for-you’ options, Simple Mills Soft Baked Bars and Veggie Pita Crackers are just what you need! Simple Mills has mastered creating the most delicious, nutritious, and convenient on-the-go snacking options, which really simplifies my life.
I love how clean the Simple Mills ingredient list is on all of their products. There is NEVER anything questionable, and each and every ingredient was carefully read over by me and is personally approved by me. You guys know I would never recommend a brand that I couldn’t 100% stand behind.
It’s scary what’s really in most of the packaged food we / our kids eat. SOO many products/brands make claims on their packaging that are so-called “healthy” that are in both you and your kids’ favorite snacks (i.e., natural flavors, artificial dyes, etc.). In comparison, I love that Simple Mills’ ingredient list is straightforward and minimal – just a few very clean and simple ingredients – all of which you’ve probably heard of before. We need to be careful about what our children are consuming and how it affects their health (and the same goes for us and our bodies). I know I want foods that make me feel good, fuel me for the day and provide nutrition to my body.
I want to share more about two of my favorite Simple Mills products:
- Soft baked bars:
- I especially love the Banana Nut and Dark Chocolate Almond Bars – both are SO delicious!
- I love that they are naturally sweetened with honey & molasses, and are such a satisfying blend of textures and flavors thanks to the nuts, seeds, and fruit pieces.
- I always keep a few of these bars in my bag for my entire family to snack on – they also make a great plane snack for travel days.
- These are grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free – making them accessible for most people.
- Veggie Pita Crackers:
- With a classic pita taste, these dippable, crunchy-like-a-pita-chip crackers feature veggies as the #1 ingredient to help you boost your veggie intake. Both the Himalayan Salt and Mediterranean Herb flavors are incredible!
- I love dipping these in hummus and so do my kids!
- It’s almost impossible to find a grain-free pita cracker and I’m so glad I found one made with such clean ingredients.
I’m excited to share that Meijer now offers Simple Mills Soft Baked Bars and Veggie Pita Crackers in addition to cashback offers on iBotta, so make sure to stock up so you always have nutritious snacks at home and on-the-go.
Thanks to Simple Mills for partnering on this post. I love partnering with brands that I love and believe in.