Just because you are busy in the morning doesn’t mean you can’t have a quick, healthy and insanely good breakfast to have made ahead of time, or that is portable so you can take it to go! These peanut butter and chia jelly oats are prepared the night before and are loaded with healthy ingredients such as flaxseeds and chia seeds. This is such a fiber, omega-3 and antioxidant rich breakfast!
Most store-bought jams and jellies contain artificial ingredients and are loaded with high fructose corn syrup and sugar. This jelly is made using only berries, chia seeds and are very lightly sweetened with maple syrup – a natural sweetener. Honestly, the berries are so sweet on their own that you don’t even need the maple syrup.Print
Peanut Butter & Chia Jelly Overnight Oats
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Overnight Oats:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 of a banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 3/4 cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chia jelly
- Chia Jelly:
- 1 cup of mashed strawberries or raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Add oats, chia seeds, flax seeds, banana, maple syrup and almond milk to a container or jar. Stir well to combine. Then, stir in the peanut butter. Cover and refrigerator overnight.
- To make the chia jelly: Combine the mashed berries, chia seeds and optional maple syrup or honey – stir well. Cover and refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir the chia jelly into the oat mixture and add any toppings of your choice. I added raw cacao nibs, hemp seeds and unsweetened coconut flakes.
Both the oatmeal and chia jelly are prepared the night before.