I can’t stop making pumpkin recipes this season! Since I’m so obsessed with pumpkin and also consume massive amounts of hummus I decided to combine the two and make pumpkin hummus! This recipe is both sweet and savory, satisfying all tastes. I love using this hummus as a dip for veggies and crackers and also as a spread on my wraps and sandwiches. Make this hummus and enjoy it all week at home or bring it to your next gathering or party – trust me that it’ll be a huge crowd pleaser!
This recipe includes all healthy ingredients and is vegan and gluten-free. Pumpkins are packed with vitamins and nutrients such as Vitamin A, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and selenium. This recipe is packed with many other healthy ingredients such as chickpeas, tahini, fresh lemon juice, olive oil and turmeric.
My favorite way to enjoy this pumpkin hummus is with an Amy’s California veggie burger. The flavors go so well together and I love the addition of an avocado. Let’s discuss why I love Amy’s veggie burgers so much: they taste incredible, are so easy to make and are made with all real, wholesome ingredients. They are free of soy and are non-gmo. I also love that they’re made with organic vegetables!
My favorite thing about Amy’s is that their products are free of some common allergens which is SO important to me these days! I recently found out my daughter is allergic to eggs. I have to read every label so carefully before she eats anything. It gives me so much relief knowing that she is safe with a meal or snack from Amy’s Kitchen. Thankfully she LOVES this veggie burger so we’ve been eating it all the time in my house!
This healthy pumpkin hummus is the perfect dip or spread that you'll want to indulge in all season!Click To Tweet Print
California Veggie Burger with Pumpkin Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Amy’s California Veggie Burger
- 2 pieces of bread
- 2 pieces of lettuce or a small handful of spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- To make the pumpkin hummus: add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and thick.
- Cook the Amy’s California veggie burger according to package instructions. I prefer cooking it in the oven.
- Lightly toast the two pieces of bread.
- Now assemble the sandwich by spreading a thick layer of the hummus over both pieces of bread. Next, add the avocado, lettuce or spinach and veggie burger. Cut in half and enjoy!
- I served my sandwich with some roasted butternut squash.
Thank you Amy’s Kitchen for sponsoring this post. It means so much to me to work with brands I love.