California Veggie Burger with Pumpkin Hummus
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minutes
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Amy’s California Veggie Burger
- 2 pieces of bread
- 2 pieces of lettuce or a small handful of spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- To make the pumpkin hummus: add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and thick.
- Cook the Amy’s California veggie burger according to package instructions. I prefer cooking it in the oven.
- Lightly toast the two pieces of bread.
- Now assemble the sandwich by spreading a thick layer of the hummus over both pieces of bread. Next, add the avocado, lettuce or spinach and veggie burger. Cut in half and enjoy!
- I served my sandwich with some roasted butternut squash.
Recipe Card powered by