To make the dough:
- Place the donut ingredients (cashews, dates and pink sea salt) into a food processor and grind into a thick, moist dough.
- Roll the dough into balls and place in the freezer until the dough is firm in texture (approximately 20 minutes).
To make the salted caramel glaze:
- Melt the coconut oil on low heat, then remove from the heat and whisk in the maple syrup and pink sea salt to form a thin caramel sauce.
- Dip the donut holes into the caramel sauce, covering each one completely.
- Place the donuts back in the freezer until the glaze has hardened.