Caramelized Shallot, Mushroom & Butternut Squash Garlicky Pasta (Vegan)
This 6-ingredient, easy-to-make, vegan/plant-based garlicky vegetable pasta is a delicious meal the entire family will love!
I truly believe that everyone should be able to enjoy their favorite dishes and flavors of the season, but with cleaner ingredients. I am a HUGE pasta lover, but find cleaner ingredients to use when preparing my pasta dishes. For example, I opt for whole wheat, brown rice or lentil-based pasta noodles over white flour noodles. I always add tons of veggies as well as a healthy fat to help break down the carbs.
I love using coconut oil as a healthy fat, but usually the taste of coconut oil doesn’t pair so perfectly with savory pasta dishes. Well my friends, my life has changed ever since I discovered Nutiva‘s NEW Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors. It’s a delicious dairy-free, plant-based swap for recipes that call for traditional butter or ghee – it’s perfect for savory sautés, roasting and of course PASTA! This has become a staple in my home and definitely my healthy fat of choice in my pasta dishes! As I mentioned, I personally don’t love the actual taste of coconut oil in pasta dishes, but this product has no coconut aroma or flavor – it really just tastes like delicious butter!
I’m absolutely obsessed with Nutiva‘s Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors for many reasons, but most importantly there are no chemicals, 0g trans fat and no cholesterol. It’s USDA organic and non-GMO project verified as well as certified vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free. The vegan “buttery flavor” is made from pure plants including sunflower, coconut and mint. This amazing product is available at Walmart!
This pasta recipe is very seasonal and one of my favorite dishes to make around the holidays. Butternut squash is perfectly in season this time of year (my favorite vegetable) and the shallots and mushrooms paired with the garlicky buttery coconut oil is just perfection!This 6-ingredient, easy, vegan/plant-based garlicky vegetable pasta is a delicious meal the entire family will love!Click To Tweet Print
Caramelized Shallot, Mushroom & Butternut Squash Garlic Butter Pasta (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 box of whole wheat pasta (or brown rice pasta if gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 large butternut squash, but into small chunks
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (for serving)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over the stovetop. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables by adding 1 tbsp of Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors to a large frying pan. Heat over medium heat until the coconut oil is melted. Add the shallots and cook for about 3 minutes, until caramelized. Next add in the the butternut squash and mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes, until the squash is soft and tender.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan, adding 1 tbsp of Nutiva’s Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors to the pasta and mixing well. Stir in the vegetables, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
This post is in partnership with Nutiva. Thank you for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible!
Fabulous! I can’t say enough about how great this dish turned out. A solid ten!!! Thanks.