These vegan and gluten-free s’mores brownies are the most delicious treat!
I’ve been dreaming of making these s’mores brownies since quarantine began a month ago!! I’m SO glad I finally did! I used flax eggs to make them vegan, but feel free to substitute with real egg instead. Also, if it being vegan and gluten-free is important to use make sure you use vegan and gluten-free chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. I linked to the ones I recommend in the recipe section!
I’m sooo excited for you guys to make these! You’re going to love them!!
S’Mores Brownies (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 5 tbsp water – let sit for 15 min). Or can use 2 eggs if not vegan.
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate bar (or can use chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped marshmallows (or mini marshmallows)
- 1/4 cup chopped gluten-free graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Begin with making the flax eggs by combining the ground flax seeds and water and mixing well. Set aside for 15 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, arrowroot, baking soda, sea salt and half of the chopped chocolate).
- In a separate bowl combine the wet ingredients (flax eggs, water and coconut oil).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth evenly with a spatula.
- Add the remaining chopped chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- I highly recommend using an 8×8 baking dish and nothing larger.
- For the flax eggs mix the ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes until it forms a gel-like consistency.