Berry Bliss Chia Jam with Green Dream Nut Butter
As a kid I brought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school with me almost every day. My mother would encourage me to have some variety in my life, but all I wanted was the sweetness of the jelly and the savory of the peanut butter between two perfect pieces of bread.
Even though I am now a fully-grown adult (or at least I like to think so 😉 ) I still crave a good old PB&J every now and then. Unfortunately, most store-bought jellies are loaded with preservatives and a ton of sugar. Peanut butter and many other nut butters are made with preservatives, unhealthy oils and have lots of added sugar. I like to be sure that everything I put into my body is as unprocessed, clean and natural as possible.
Lately I have been experimenting with making my own fruit jam and have perfected a superfood strawberry jam that is made with mashed strawberries, lemon, vanilla extract, chia seeds and “berry bliss” powder. The berry bliss powder is a blend of acai, goji, pomegranate, camu camu, mangosteen, maca and sprouted brown rice protein. It is also loaded with antioxidants, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. The jam is very easy to make, doesn’t contain any added sugar or preservatives, and stays good in the refrigerator for up to one week.
I’ve also stepped up my nut butter game by mixing raw, organic almond butter and raw, organic cashew butter (the only ingredients are the raw nuts) with some “green dream” powder and “green bee” honey. The green dream is a blend of spirulina, maca, mesquite, hemp, chia and vanilla. It is loaded with natural protein and is raw, organic, vegan and gluten-free.
When assembling my sandwich, I toast two slices of ezekiel bread and spread some of my homemade berry bliss strawberry chia jam on one piece and the homemade green dream nut butter on the other piece. The result is a superfood-packed, healthy, nutrient-dense jam & nut butter sandwich!
To receive 10% off Philosophie Superfood products, enter leahsplate10 at checkout.
Berry Bliss Chia Jam:
- 2 cups organic strawberries
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Philosophie Berry Bliss Superfood Blend
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and add to a nonstick pan. Allow the strawberries to heat up and soften for about 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract to the pan and mix well with the strawberries.
- The strawberry mixture should now be soft enough to mash with a fork until no large pieces remain.
- Remove the strawberry mixture from heat and add berry bliss powder and chia seeds. Stir well to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to thicken.
Green Dream Nut Butter:
- 2 tbsp raw, organic almond butter
- 2 tbsp raw, organic cashew butter
- 2 tsp Philosophie Green Dream Superfood Blend
- 2 tsp Philosophie Green Bee Honey
Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
Enjoy on toast or as a sandwich. This also is a great spread for healthy waffles or pancakes!