Gluten-Free Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies!!
Healthy gluten-free trail mix cookies made with mixed nuts, seeds, dried fruit and oats! Perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!
I love these trail mix breakfast cookies so much!! They are so great to grab for a quick on-the-go breakfast on a busy morning! I also enjoy snacking on them in the afternoon to hold me over until dinner. They’re gluten-free and made with clean ingredients. They’re naturally sweetened with just a little coconut sugar. I love that they’re low in sugar, and packed with healthy fat, protein and fiber. They have the most perfect crunch thanks to the nuts and seeds and feel a bit indulgent from the chocolate chips. The dried fruit adds the perfect touch! The only flour used in this recipe is almond flour! I hope you love and enjoy these as much as I do!!
Gluten-Free Trail Mix Cookies!!
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, seeds and dried fruit (I used macadamia nuts, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins and dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the egg, coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut sugar.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix. Add in the oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruit and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes prior to eating, using a spatula to remove the cookies from the baking sheet (don’t use your hands). Enjoy!