This delicious lentil pasta with a butternut squash cashew sauce is vegan and gluten-free. It’s simple to make and requires minimal ingredients.
As you may or may not be aware, I can’t stop eating pasta lately! There’s no reason NOT to eat pasta if you can make it perfectly healthy. Lately every week I’ve been experimenting with different pasta recipes and this is one of my favorites! The creamy cashew butternut squash sauce is free of dairy and made with simple whole food ingredients. It’s packed with flavor and nutrients. This recipe is perfect for the cooler winter months since it’s hearty and warming. ‘Pasta night’ is a long-standing family tradition at my house and something I always look forward to!
I paired this sauce with Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Penne because it’s loaded with plant-based protein and is gluten-free. The ONLY ingredients are organic green lentil flour, organic green pea flour and organic brown rice flour. There’s no gums or fillers and nothing artificial. Most importantly, it tastes amazing and you won’t miss your white pasta!
Explore Cuisine integrates beans, peas, lentils and rice to provide you with nourishing meals which are easy, quick, colorful and simply delicious! All Explore Cuisine pastas are gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, kosher and made from 100% organic ingredients. They’re loaded with plant-based protein, fiber and iron. The pasta cooks in minutes and is great for meal prep!
The holidays are all about gathering with friends and family and this is the perfect meal to make to to get everyone to come together 🙂 It’s healthy, easy to make, requires minimal ingredients and the entire family will enjoy it!Delicious Lentil Pasta with a Butternut Squash Cashew Sauce. Vegan. Gluten-free. Dairy-Free.Click To Tweet Print
Lentil Pasta with a Butternut Squash Cashew Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch on pink salt and pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Penne
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place cubed butternut squash on a large baking sheet pan and toss with olive oil, a pinch of pink salt and black pepper. Bake butternut squash until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cook the green lentil pasta for 8 – 10 minutes in a large pot of boiling water. While the pasta is cooking, add the roasted butternut squash, cashews, paprika, chili powder, nutmeg, pinch of pink salt, pinch of black pepper and almond milk to a blender and blend until you have a creamy sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta and butternut squash sauce to a large bowl and mix until combined. Divide between 4 bowls and enjoy!
This post is in partnership with Explore Cuisine. Thank you for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible!