Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cashew Butter Cookies
The most delicious paleo chocolate chunk cashew butter cookies! They’re perfectly crispy on the edges and soft on the inside. They’re free of dairy, gluten and refined sugar too!
Hello my friends!! Today I introduce to you the BEST cookie I’ve ever baked! I’m not just saying that – these babies are my new obsession! I’ve been having one for dessert every night since they came out of the oven. You would never believe that they’re free of dairy, gluten, grains and refined sugar. I seriously savor each and every bite of these little cookies.
These paleo cookies are perfectly crispy around the edges and are so soft and moist on the inside. My husband is not a fan of anything ‘paleo’ or ‘vegan’ and just wants the real deal for dessert. However, I even fooled him with these cookies! He’s equally as obsessed with them as I am and still doesn’t believe that they’re only made with cashew butter, honey, egg, paleo baking flour, cinnamon, baking soda, pink sea salt. I recommend using these chocolate chips – this chocolate is dairy-free and sweetened with coconut sugar, so I really love them!
If you love the taste of cashew butter and honey then you’re going to love these as much as I do!
Ingredients needed for these cookies:
- creamy cashew butter: the cashew butter you use MUST be really creamy. I recommend the one I linked to. I also like the 365 by Whole Foods brand creamy cashew butter!
- honey (or can use maple syrup): these are both paleo-approved natural sweeteners. I prefer honey for this recipe.
- paleo baking flour: I highly recommend using the exact brand that I linked to. If you want to substitute this then I recommend using 1 cup of finely blanched almond flour – I love the one that I linked to!
- cinnamon: I love the warming flavor that the cinnamon gives these cookies!
- baking soda: helps these cookies rise a bit while baking.
- salt: gives these cookies that perfect ‘sweet n salty’ flavor.
- chocolate chips: If strict paleo make sure you use paleo-approved chocolate chips like the ones that I linked to.
These are the products I used for this recipe:
Paleo Cashew Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup finely blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the wet ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into the wet ingredients and mix until a dough is formed. It may be a little wet. Next stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 12 little balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Alternatively, you can use an ice cream scooper to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet. Please note that the dough will be a bit sticky / wet – that’s how it’s supposed to be!
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookie sheet on a wire rack to cool. Allow to cool completely before touching the cookies.
- Use a spatula to remove the cookies from the cookie sheet once completely cooled.
The dough will be sticky – this is normal. If it’s way too wet and sticky you can add another tbsp of almond flour.
Keep the cookies stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
These look awesome! Can I use coconut flour or another alternative instead of the paleo flour?
Yes you can, but not sure if it will be the exact same amount, so start with 1/2 cup and add more if it’s too wet.
These are SO up my alley!! Definitely need to put these on my list to make! Loving those chunks too!
Thank you! They’re my new fave dessert!