The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! I love how it brings people together. I also love the fun recipe creations using red, white and blue! I was searching the web for fun recipes and realized the majority were for a bar-b-que. I wasn’t able to find many festive breakfast recipes, so I came up with this fun one! These red, white and blue french toast skewers are the perfect breakfast for adults and kids alike.
These cute skewers are easy to make and fun to eat! They are made by cutting up french toast into bite-sized pieces and layering them on a skewer with blueberries, strawberries and banana. I then placed all the skewers on a plate and drizzled some maple syrup over them.
The french toast is simple to make. This recipe is dairy free, as I used almond milk instead of regular milk. The only other ingredients needed for the french toast are eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon. You simply combine those ingredients in a bowl, dip the bread in the mixture and cook it over a frying pan. I used coconut oil for cooking, but feel free to use butter instead.
Red, White & Blue French Toast Skewers - the perfect 4th of July breakfast! #july4th #4thofjuly #healthy #dairyfreeClick To Tweet Print
Patriotic French Toast Skewers
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Add coconut oil or butter to a pan on the stove and heat over low heat.
- Add the egg, cinnamon, vanilla extract and almond milk into a bowl. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Dip the bread into the mixture and place on the frying pan. Slightly raise the heat to cook over medium.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Once the french toast is cooked, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Layer the french toast and fruit on a skewer.
- Place the skewers on a plate and drizzle the maple syrup over the skewers.
This recipe was inspired by RacheLmansfield’s PB&J Stuffed French Toast Skewers