Sunday Things… 10.18.15
Ahh Sunday – my favorite day of the week. There is just something so cozy about Sundays… especially in the fall. As I sit here writing this blog post, I’m sipping on a fresh brewed coffee (half-caf for the baby) and eating some Double Dose Bakery waffles – topped with organic almond butter, Purely Elizabeth granola, bananas and date syrup. Seriously – could I have a better start to my day? The house is more quiet than usual – my husband is at a bachelor party this weekend. I’ve finally become totally comfortable just being alone and enjoying my own company… something I wasn’t able to do years ago.
Overall, I’m so pleased with this weekend. Friday night I had dinner at Christopher’s Kitchen in Palm Beach Gardens. It’s a vegan restaurant that is so damn good! If you ever get to go, I highly recommend the avocado pizza and the salted caramel ‘ice cream’ for dessert. Saturday I enjoyed a beach day with friends at Soho Beach House in Miami. I haven’t been to the beach in so long even though I live in Florida, so it was a nice treat. We ordered lunch on the beach and I ate one of the freshest Greek salads! Saturday night I had a girls dinner at Zuma in Miami – the food is out-of-this-world good! Today I am in full ‘nesting’ mode as I prepare for my baby in December! All I want to do is clean the house and organize… and of course be lazy, read magazines and watch some TV!
As per the usual, I’ve rounded up a list of my favorite finds from around the internet this week:
In the food world:
- This Mexican sweet potato chocolate pudding is definitely a dessert I will try making in the near future!
- This curried butternut squash soup is the perfect fall dish.
- I’m very into veggie burgers these days. I can’t wait to try these vegan curry-spiced sweet potato & wild rice burgers.
In the travel world:
- My favorite way to dine out is at a farm-to-table restaurant. Check out this list of the 10 best farm-to-table restaurants in NYC.
- This blogger makes me want to go to Paris with this post on September in Paris
- London is one of my favorite cities ever since I studied abroad there – I’m loving this guide to London.
In the fashion/design world:
- Saks is having their friends and family sale – almost everything is 25% off until midnight tonight!
- I work from home most days so I’ve been wanting to invest in some good loungewear… loving these sweatpants!
- I’m in the process of furnishing my new house – This sideboard from Crate and Barrel is the perfect piece for my dining room.