16 Things You May Not Have Known About Me!
Hi guys!! I thought it would be fun to share a post about some fun facts about me that you may not know. I want to feel more connected to each and every one of you, so I’d love if you comment, message or email me with some fun facts about YOU so I can get to know some of you better! Anything else you want to know about me? Just ask!!
- I was born in New York City and grew up in North Jersey. I lived in New Jersey until I was 18 years old.
- My favorite sport is skiing – I was on my high school ski team and just love being out on the mountain (and there’s something so therapeutic about the fresh mountain air). When I was younger I spent every single weekend of the winter in Vermont with my father. Now my dad has a house in Park City, UT so I try to get out there as much as possible!
- I went to college at Florida State University and did a semester abroad in London. I studied business and communications.
- After college I moved to NYC where I lived for four years. I had a career in commercial real estate that I wasn’t so passionate about.
- I moved to Miami when I was 25. I started dated my husband and we got engaged two years later. We’re now happily married for over two years. We originally moved to Boca Raton (45 minutes north of Miami) because of a job opportunity my husband had there, but now love living there!
- My dream is to move to Southern California, but all of our family (besides my dad) is on the east coast, so I don’t think moving out there is very realistic at the time.
- My dad lives in Southern California and my mom lives in New York – I miss having them near me, but can’t complain that I have two awesome places to visit. My mom also has a house in South Florida where she spends her winters which makes me the happiest person ever!
- My mom is my BFF and I talk to her at least 5 times a day. I call her about anything and everything!
- I became obsessed with the name Emma when I went to sleep away camp when I was 10 and my favorite counselor was named Emma. I fell in love with the name and decided at the age of 10 that if I ever had a daughter I’d name her Emma – and now I have an 18 month old named Emma 🙂
- My full-time job is now this food blog and I love every second of it. I still pinch myself that I was able to make this into a career (and get to be home with Emma). However, it does get stressful balancing being a wife, mother and this blog. I think I’m ready to hire an intern/assistant in the near future!
- Lately I have become such an introvert – I thrive off ‘alone time’ and to me there’s nothing better than being home alone (or with Josh and Emma). Lately going to a big party gives me anxiety which is something I’m working on!
- My favorite workouts are Flywheel (love a good sweaty spin class with fun music), kickboxing and yoga! If I lived in California I’d add hiking to this list!
- I only like something sweet for breakfast: smoothie or oatmeal with fruit. Eggs are not appealing to me first thing in the morning, but I love them for lunch!
- I never knew how much I could love another human being until Emma was born – she absolutely rocks my world and I’d do anything for her!
- I have SIX siblings – one full brother, one half brother and four step brothers/sister.
- Dark chocolate and coffee are my two weaknesses – I HAVE to have coffee every morning (but somehow didn’t drink it at all during my 9 months of pregnancy). I also MUST have a piece of dark chocolate immediately after dinner!