Healthy Tuna Salad Pita
A simple and healthy tuna salad pita packed with veggies and protein for an easy, healthy and satisfying lunch.
I have always been a sandwich girl. While I love my salads for lunch, I definitely crave a healthy and satisfying sandwich at least two or three days per week. I can’t quite say I’m bored of sandwiches (or ever will get tired of them), but lately I’ve been switching it up and opting for a whole wheat pita in place of my usual bread.
I typically make a turkey sandwich, but since I’m pregnant I’m being careful to avoid all deli meat, so often have a veggie-packed sandwich, use a veggie burger in place of turkey or better yet whip up a delicious tuna salad to stuff in my sandwich! I know what you’re thinking – since I’m pregnant can I still eat tuna since it’s known to be high in mercury? The answer is YES if you use the right tuna!
The ONLY brand of canned tuna I consume while pregnant (and forever now) is Safe Catch Tuna. Here’s why:
- It’s the healthiest tuna on the planet!
- It’s the ONLY brand of canned tuna that tests every fish individually for mercury.
- Safe Catch invented a breakthrough technology that can rapidly test fish for it’s mercury level in a matter of seconds.
- Safe Catch can assure purity in every single bite!
- Safe Catch Elite tuna has the lowest mercury level of any brand.
- Safe Catch Elite tuna is as pure as wild salmon.
- Safe Catch Elite is tested to a limit 10x stricter than the FDA, and is the official tuna of the American Pregnancy Association. Safe Catch is the only healthy tuna option made for athletes, kids, and pregnant women!
- Safe Catch hand packs pure raw tuna steaks in every can, and then cooks the tuna to perfection once to retain all nutrients, Omega-3 oils, and minerals. No precooking. (Other brands precook in large ovens, and the nutrients and omega-3s drain away).
- They never ads any fillers, additives, or preservatives. Safe Catch is pure natural tuna, the way nature designed it. (Other conventional tuna brands pump their tuna with additives, water, soy, and pyrophosphates and other).
- Safe Catch tuna is Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Paleo certified, Whole30 approved, Kosher, Dolphin Safe, and BPA free.
- It is wild, sustainably caught and fully traceable.
- Safe Catch has 35 grams of natural, delicious, protein per can, and has over 100% daily value of your Omega-3s, and amino acids.
This healthy lunch is so quick and simple to assemble: simply mix Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna with your healthy mayonnaise of choice (I use an avocado oil mayo). I then stuff the tuna salad into the pita with cucumber, tomato, lettuce and microgreens – and voila – a perfectly healthy lunch is ready that is packed with protein and veggies! You can also just as easily use bread in place of a pita, or go carb-free and use a lettuce wrap! Enjoy!A simple and healthy tuna salad pita packed with veggies and protein for an easy and healthy lunch. Click To Tweet Print
Healthy Tuna Salad Pita
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can of Safe Catch Elite Wild Tuna – Original
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1/4 chopped tomato
- Small handful of lettuce
- Combine the can of tuna with the mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well.
- Slice open the pita and stuff with the tuna salad, cucumber, tomato, lettuce and microgreens.
This recipe is in partnership with Safe Catch Foods, a brand I know, trust and recommend. Thanks for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible.