A healthy and veggie-packed bolognese made with clean and simple ingredients.
This healthy and veggie-packed bolognese is my clean version that I have been obsessed with for dinner! This recipe uses clean and minimal ingredients. If you have kids it’s an excellent way to sneak veggies in!Print
My ‘Cleaner’ Version of Pasta Bolognese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I love this one)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 basil leaf torn, chopped
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 cup cooked pasta of your choice (I used this fettuccine – it’s paleo). You can also serve it over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash noodles.
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil.
- Add onion, carrots, mushrooms & garlic and saute for a few minutes until soft. Place vegetables in bowl and set aside.
- Add ground turkey to the pan (with a little more olive oil) and saute until browned, about 5 – 10 minutes, breaking up into pieces.
- Add the marinara sauce and oregano to the pan and mix well.
- Add in the cooked vegetables, lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 more min.
- Serve over pasta and top with basil and cheese. If you’re dairy-free simply omit the cheese.