This creamy cashew coconut oatmeal is packed with healthy fat, is free of refined sugar and is full of flavor!
I love the combination of cashew and coconut – it creates the creamiest and most delicious taste! This oatmeal is made with all whole food ingredients, and is extra thick, creamy and flavorful. It’s vegan and free of refined sugar. The oatmeal is naturally sweetened by adding some mashed banana into it! This breakfast is also gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free oats.
Cashew and coconut are two of my favorite forms of healthy fat and pair perfectly with one another. The mix of these healthy fats with the carbohydrates from the oatmeal is a well-rounded and nourishing breakfast that will keep you full and satisfied for hours.This creamy cashew coconut oatmeal is packed with healthy fat, is free of refined sugar and is full of flavor!Click To Tweet
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Creamy Cashew Coconut Oatmeal (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup cashew milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 sliced banana
- Heat 1 cup of cashew or coconut milk over a small pot on the stovetop and bring to a boil.
- Once the milk is boiling immediately add the oats and stir, then turn the heat to low.
- Cook the oats for about 5 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid is absorbed by the oats.
- During the final minute add in 1 tbsp shredded coconut, 1 tbsp cashew butter, 1 tbsp coconut yogurt and mashed banana and stir well to combine.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and add the sliced banana, 1 tbsp coconut yogurt, 1 tbsp coconut flakes and a drizzle of cashew butter on top.