These healthy 3 ingredient vegan & gluten-free chocolate peanut butter frozen bananas are the perfect easy summertime treat!
These chocolate peanut butter covered bananas are SO easy to make and require just 3 minimal ingredients: bananas, chocolate and peanut butter (which are by the way my 3 favorite foods haha). These are such an easy and delicious treat to make! They stay good stored in the freezer for up to six months. I’m all about simple dessert recipes!
Making these chocolate covered bananas are a fun activity so if you have children definitely get them involved! It makes a fun summertime creative project for your little ones! There’s nothing my daughter loves more than dipping the banana in the melted chocolate.
I love that you can even make these ahead of time for a delicious sweet treat. I make a big batch and then snack on one whenever my sweet tooth kicks in. I also feel like this is a much better dessert option than most other things I could be giving my children.
This delicious sweet treat is gluten-free and vegan. Make sure to use a dairy-free chocolate if you’re vegan or dairy-free. Speaking of chocolate… I opt for a dark chocolate with very minimal ingredients. As for the peanut butter… you’ll want to opt for a creamy one that can easily be drizzled over the frozen bananas.
I am SUCH a peanut butter lover and for good reason! Not only do I love the taste, but it’s packed with good fat which helps to keep me feeling full and satisfied. I also love the fact that peanut butter contains protein! In a 2 tablespoon serving of peanut butter you get 8 grams of protein. Also, not to state the obvious but this recipe combines chocolate and peanut butter – is there any better combination on this planet?!
I’ve been visiting this page for other delicious recipes made with peanut butter since I’m obsessed with peanut butter! Be sure to visit for even more delicious peanut butter recipes for every occasion!These 3 ingredient #vegan #glutenfree chocolate peanut butter frozen bananas are the perfect easy summertime treat!Click To Tweet
Now it’s your turn to spread the peanut butter love! Share your favorite peanut butter recipe in the comments with the hashtag #HowDoYouPB.Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Covered Bananas – The Perfect Summertime Treat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 6 ripe bananas, cut in half
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted (make sure dairy-free if vegan)
- Insert a popsicle stick in the end of the banana (make sure you insert it in the part of the banana that was sliced (that flat end).
- Next, dip the banana in the dark chocolate and then place on a parchment-lined sheet. Place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and drizzle peanut butter over each chocolate-covered banana. Place back on the parchment-lined sheet and place in the freezer for at least another 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Keep stored in the freezer in an airtight container.
These will stay good stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. All opinions and content are my own.