These flourless pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the perfect thing to bake this fall. They are healthy enough to eat for breakfast or make a perfect snack!
I’m getting sooooo into the fall spirit now that it’s October. I’m embracing all pumpkin recipes and am loving every second of it! Fall is my favorite season of the year. One of the reasons it’s my favorite is that pumpkins are in season and I’m completely obsessed with all pumpkin recipes! You can read more about why I love fall here.
Anyway, about these muffins… pumpkin and chocolate – can you think of a better combination?! These muffins are healthy enough to eat for breakfast or they are an amazing snack. I even love to crumble up one of these muffins and serve it over yogurt with some almond butter.
Now let’s discuss how healthy these muffins are: they are completely flourless as I used oat flour, which is just ground up oats. They are naturally sweetened with honey, no artificial sweeteners or preservatives and there is no butter or oil used in this recipe. These muffins are packed with nutrients thanks to the pumpkin.
Okay now run to your kitchen and make these! Your house will smell incredible and you’ll be thanking me!Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins - you need to bake these this fall!Click To Tweet Print
Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine the pumpkin, honey, vanilla, and egg in a bowl. Mix well until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins (recipe makes 8 muffins) and place a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.