This healthy cornflake-crusted french toast is a delicious breakfast made using minimal and clean ingredients!
As a child, one of my favorite things was waking up to the delicious smell of my mom’s homemade french toast. This wasn’t just any french toast; it was cornflake-crusted french toast! It literally made my brother and I the happiest people ever! We’d run downstairs and into the kitchen and devour every last bite as quickly as we could! I remember it giving my mother such great pleasure watching us enjoy the food she lovingly made for us.
I recently recreated my mom’s cornflake-crusted french toast, but made a MUCH healthier version. Mom – if you’re reading this – I love you and forgive you for feeding me white bread and not-organic, GMO cornflakes! It now gives me so much pleasure to watch Emma eat and enjoy this dish as much as I did when I was a kid.
As I mentioned, the ingredients for this cornflake-crusted french toast are all clean and healthy. I used a thick, organic sprouted whole wheat bread (found at my local farmer’s market), pasture-raised organic eggs, cinnamon, almond milk and organic non-GMO sprouted corn flakes. As many of you may be aware, corn is typically genetically modified, so it’s really important when purchasing any corn product that you make sure it’s non-GMO verified, and if organic even better. A brand I trust and highly recommend is One Degree Organics, so when I saw that they made an organic, non-GMO sprouted corn flake cereal I was thrilled!
One Degree brings food straight from the farm to your table. You can see where every ingredient in every product comes from with their traceability technology. They source their ingredients from organic farmers who use only plant-based farming methods, proving their commitment to clean foods. With 100% traceability, you can get to know and trust these farmers, too. I am seriously obsessed with all of their products and know they are serious about providing consumers with the cleanest ingredients possible.
I like to make a big batch of this on the weekend and reheat it for a delicious breakfast throughout the week! It’s so good served with some maple syrup, or feel free to add fresh berries and banana on top as well! Enjoy!!This healthy cornflake-crusted french toast is a delicious breakfast made using minimal and clean ingredients!Click To Tweet Print
Healthy Cornflake-Crusted French Toast
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 2 slices bread (I used organic whole wheat), use gluten-free bread if desired
- 2 eggs (I always choose pasture-raised organic)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Corn Flakes
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, butter or ghee
- Pour the cup of corn flakes on a plate and using a potato masher, mash smaller pieces, just larger than crumbs are formed.
- In a bowl combine the eggs, almond milk and cinnamon.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, then immediately coat both sides of the bread in the corn flake crumbs.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil, ghee or butter to a large frying pan and allow to heat up over medium heat for a minute or two and then place the bread on the frying pan.
- Cook the bread for about 3 – 5 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with maple syrup.
This recipe is in partnership with One Degree Organics, a brand I know, trust and recommend. Thanks for supporting Leah’s Plate and the brands that help make this site possible.