These paleo lemon poppyseed muffins are the BEST! They’re naturally sweetened, lemony, and made with healthy ingredients.
I have been wanting to create a healthy lemon poppyseed muffins for years and finally perfected a recipe. I promise this will be your new go-to recipe if you’re looking for a gluten-free and grain-free lemon poppyseed muffin!
These muffins are perfectly moist, have just the right amount of sweetness, and are SO flavorful thanks to the lemon! You’re going to love these! I recommend having one still warm out of the oven with a slather of plant-based butter (or an amazing grass-fed butter). I also love these muffins with a slather of almond butter on top.
I love that these muffins are naturally sweetened with maple syrup. They’re paleo thanks to a paleo baking flour mix.
Ingredients needed for these lemon poppyseed muffins:
- eggs: I love using pasture-raised eggs and I recommend leaving them out on the counter about 20 minutes before making this recipe so they’re at room temperature.
- maple syrup: my natural sweetener of choice. I find that 1/2 cup added the perfect amount of sweetness to these muffins without making them overly sweet. You can substitute honey for the maple syrup.
- lemon: make sure to juice the entire lemon
- paleo baking flour: I love using this paleo flour mix for my baked goods.
- baking soda: to give these muffins the perfect texture and help them rise.
- pink salt: adds delicious flavor to these muffins. You can use any kind of salt here.
- poppy seeds: obviously need these since they’re lemon ‘poppyseed’ muffins 🙂
- lemon zest: zest the entire lemon for the most delicious lemon flavor.
Other gluten-free muffin recipes that you’ll love:
- paleo morning glory muffins
- blender double chocolate spinach muffins (gluten-free / dairy-free)
- kid-approved blender spinach muffins (gluten-free / dairy-free)
- gluten-free chocolate chip pumpkin muffins
- vegan & gluten-free blueberry muffins
If you make and love this recipe I’d really appreciate you leaving a comment and giving it a 5 star rating. Enjoy!Print
The BEST Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
These paleo lemon poppyseed muffins are moist, delicious and zesty. They’re oil-free and naturally sweetened with just maple syrup. They’re the best you’ll ever have!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin tray with muffins liners.
- Combine the wet ingredients (eggs, maple syrup, water and lemon juice) into a mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (paleo baking flour, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add in the lemon zest and mix again, but don’t over-mix.
- Evenly distribute the batter between the muffin liners until they’re 2/3 filled.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 22 minutes – until the tops of the muffins are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for at least 20 minutes, then enjoy!
Keep muffins stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze to enjoy at a later time.