There’s just something about weekends that make want to cuddle up with a blanket and eat pancakes. I love the cozy feeling I get and it seriously makes me so happy! In anticipation of this long holiday weekend coming up I wanted to share one of my favorite healthy pancake recipes with you!
I hate how traditional pancakes make me feel heavy and bloated after eating them. However, these pancakes are flourless (made with oats) and there are only simple, real ingredients. They are free of dairy, gluten and refined sugar. These pancakes are sweet, fluffy and oh-so satisfying!
As mentioned, this recipe requires simple and minimal ingredients: bananas, oats, baking powder, non-dairy milk, cinnamon, vanilla and flax seeds (as an egg substitute). If you’re not vegan you can use two eggs in place of the flaxseeds, but I love the added health benefits from the flax seeds!Vegan Flourless Banana Oatmeal Pancakes - a healthy and delicious recipe for your next lazy Sunday!Click To Tweet
Some people like to enjoy their pancakes plain with some maple syrup, but I’m queen of adding as many toppings as possible! I drizzled some dairy-free yogurt, almond butter, warmed berries and hemp seeds on top of my pancakes. Feel free to add whatever you like, but I highly recommend this combination!
Okay go make these pancakes this weekend… get cozy on the couch… turn on your favorite show and enjoy!
Shop the ingredients used for this recipe:
Vegan Flourless Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl mix the ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients (including the flax seeds) in a blender and blend until smooth. Allow the batter to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil on a frying pan over medium heat then spoon in 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake. Cook for about 3 – 4 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form, then flip and cook for an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with warmed berries and nut butter.