A satisfying vegan rice bowl with a green goddess dressing that is packed with veggies, protein and healthy fat.
I always love a satisfying rice bowl for lunch or dinner. I love packing it with veggies and always find that a special sauce or dressing is an essential. This recipe is perfect for weekday meals that the entire family can enjoy. Sometimes I make a huge batch and enjoy it over several days, which definitely makes my life easier. Yay for leftovers!
This bowl is vegan along with the dressing. It’s packed with veggies, healthy carbs thanks to the sweet potato and organic brown rice as well as healthy fat from the olive oil and avocado in the dressing. I added chickpeas for a vegan protein option, but feel free to add chicken or hard-boiled eggs instead.
The organic brown rice used for this recipe is from RiceSelect which is a company that is serious about its commitment to develop, grow, package and sell incredible quality rice. I love that they have many different rice varieties. RiceSelect has a rigid “inspect each grain” quality. All RiceSelect products are made with the finest all-natural ingredients with rigorous attention to detail. Each product the company develops provides a special quality, taste or texture, making it perfectly suited for a wide variety of recipes. Most important to me is that all of RiceSelect products are natural and clean of preservatives, chemicals, and added substances. Their products are also Non-GMO verified.
You can really have fun with this bowl, adding in any veggies and protein you want. If you make it let me know what veggies you added!Print
Vegan Rice Bowl with a Green Goddess Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups cooked RiceSelect Texmati Organic Brown Rice
- 1 cup sweet potato (cut into cubes)
- 1/2 cup chopped asaparagus
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- squeeze of fresh lemon
- pinch of pink salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop the veggies and place on a baking sheet. Lightly coat in olive oil, pink salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice and veggies are cooking make the dressing by adding all of the ingredients into a food processor and processing until smooth.
- Once the rice and veggies are cooked add them into the bowls followed by the pumpkin seeds and chickpeas. Drizzle some dressing on top and enjoy!
Thank you RiceSelect for sponsoring this post.